Pages

Sep 7, 2011

September colors

As the September wind colors the autumn air we have been standing still watching the colors change around us. Change is not always a simple thing, but it IS always a good thing, and there has been a lot of things changing around us. The first our primary calling! What a blessing it has been to be able to be in the primary already! Mr. Beeb and I are feeling that this is a preparatory calling one that is helping us grow together, one that is helping us teach children, and one that is bringing us closer to one another by studying, learning, and being more prayerful. And those little kids are teaching US so much. Things like what it means to be humble, what it means to be prayerful, how a child looks at life through such small eyes, and how to be bold. I have a story to Illustrate the boldness factor.

We have in our little class many different children...three of whom were in class on this specific Sunday. Our lesson was on loving one another, just like Christ loves all of us. I was telling a story to illustrate this and asked the kids what to name the people in the story as I was telling it. The only girl in the class piped up...you should name the girl after me...we will call her ally. So I continued the story " One day ally was walking home from school and this boy was being mean to her..." At that point "ally" piped in...we should name him after a boy who has a crush on me...he is mean to me to...lets name him Easton!...just as "Ally" was saying this a tiny little timid boy on the farthest seat away from "ally" raised his hand and said with all the courage he could muster..."or his name could be Sam"...

Mr Beeb lost it and i continued the story quickly ending that part of it, knowing that Sam just admitted his undying love for Aly in the boldest way he knew how! (names changed for security of the little ones.)

The change we have also been experiencing involves a new semester, which means a schedule change at work, which means seeing less and less of each other. That has been hard. We went from spending every morning together until 1 in the afternoon when we both went to work. To my getting up at 5, leaving to work at 6 and not getting home till 4, when Mr. Beeb has already left for work 2 hours ago and wont be home till 10:30 when I am at home...sometimes already asleep. It is good to know that this is only for a small amount of time, but it is still hard missing your best friend everyday until the weekends, which are our saving grace!

School has been fantastic so far however, and I am very excited about this semester. I have some fantastic professors and am taking classes that are so interesting to me! Plus, I know what i am studying really counts toward what I am going into, so it makes it that much more fun. Needless to say, with all the recent changes, a mini vacation was just what the doctor ordered! Labor day weekend was such a blast! We went camping with the Tobler family from Friday till Sunday, came home, had a dinner with some friends...The Browns and slept over at the Toblers that evening. The next morning (Monday) was a busy one. We started off the week with a hike up Adams canyon (where over a year ago I was proposed to by my best friend) with Mr. Beebs brother, his fiancee, and a long time ol' buddy of Mr. Beebs who surprised us on the way up! The hike began at 6:30 am. we were done around 9. We then went back to the Toblers to help paint, but we weren't there long because I remembered about some math quizzes that were due that day and I had to get them done. On our way home to do the quizzes My mom called. " Hey Mr. Heusser, Little bro, and I are getting ready to go shooting..you wanna go..?" Beebs face lit up like a fire work, and I knew we weren't getting out of it. So we went shooting, came home and were gone. Despite the business of that weekend it was nice to be together with the ones we love...especially one another! Hope your September winds are as colorful as ours are beginning to be! Enjoy the pics below.

The fam. sitting around the campfire on a lovely morning..you can't really tell, but the backdrop is the beautiful reservoir!


On the way home...exhausted..but enjoying one another like crazy!

My beautiful mother...hahahahah!

Beeb, Mr. and Mrs. Heusser shooting all the targets the boys so joyfully set up!

Look at that stud muffin'!..he was quite impeccable with a shot gun! 5/6 clay pigeons were blown to pieces by his skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.